1) Come for a tour
Please arrange a tour of the school so that you can see for yourself what Greenfields Independent Day & Boarding School has to offer. You will be impressed by our setting on the very edge of the Royal Ashdown Forest and will get a first-hand idea of what we do and how we do it.
2) Fill in the Registration Form and provide the child’s previous school reports
If you decide that you would like your child to proceed with the Admissions process at Greenfields School, please fill in the Registration Form and provide us with your child’s previous school reports. This is a standard step for any independent school and is essential in order for us to proceed.
3) Trial day (on request)
If requested, your child may come in for a trial day and experience Greenfields Independent Day & Boarding School for themselves. Having seen the school and taken in all our information and you feel that this is a necessary step in order to really judge whether or not your child will be completely comfortable here, please ask and we will arrange a trial day for you.
4) Arrange a time for assessments and an interview with the Head Teacher
Don’t worry, this is not as scary as it sounds! The assessments here are based on the Cambridge Curriculum and do not determine whether your child will be accepted or not. They are done to show us the current level that the child is at in English, Science and Maths. This enables us to see where your child is excelling, or where they need extra help. Once we have marked the results, you can have an interview with the Head Teacher or another member of staff to go over the results and find out what we recommend and at this point you will also be informed if your child is accepted into the school.
5) Continue with the enrollment process
After your child has been accepted into the school, you and your child will meet all of the relevant staff, their tutor or class teacher, purchase uniform etc. And then your child can begin at the school!
Overseas Students Steps to Take:
If you are unable to make it to the United Kingdom in person and would like to enrol your child at Greenfields Independent Day & Boarding School, then the following steps should occur:
- Speak to a member of our Admissions staff for a short interview.
- Send us your child’s previous school reports and fill in the Registration Form.
- We will then contact the child’s previous school for a recommendation.
- The Executive Head may then request a skype meeting with you and your child.
- Based on all the above information the Executive head and his staff will make an appropriate decision on whether the child can be accepted into the school. This may be on a provisional basis until we can have a face-to-face interview and see how your child is doing.
- When your child arrives at the school, then they will take some assessments to determine their academic level and continue with the enrollment process as above.